The WhatsApp Communications team is looking for an experienced communications professional to help tell WhatsApp’s story in India and lead a broad range of communications efforts including product launches, media relations, and issues management.
A keen understanding of technology and its intersection with public policy issues is essential in this role. The person will work closely with the communications team and other relevant groups at Facebook and WhatsApp.
This is a full-time position based in Gurgaon or Mumbai, India.
- Devise and execute major communications strategies and campaigns to support WhatsApps product, business, corporate, and policy efforts in India
- Develop creative storytelling ideas to drive positive press coverage
- Maintain deep relationships with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers and other external stakeholders about core products and initiatives across India, including in Tier 2/3 cities
- Manage and coordinate PR agency activities in India
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events, and respond to incoming media requests
- Prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople
- Consult with teams across WhatsApp in California
- Minimum bachelors degree, post-graduate or professional degrees preferred
- 10+ years professional experience, both agency and in-house preferred
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Must be fluent in English
- Have good understanding and knowledge of India
- Ability to manage multiple projects autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience in the consumer and internet technology industry a plus